Home News Kassim Abdi Sebu put on police radar over Homa Bay Sunday violence

Kassim Abdi Sebu put on police radar over Homa Bay Sunday violence

by Ms Stella
0 comments

The National Police Service (NPS) has ordered Kassim Abdi Sebu to report to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters in Homa Bay County as investigations continue into the violence witnessed during the Linda Mwananchi tour on Sunday, August 16, 2026.

NPS spokesperson Muchiri Nyaga said on Tuesday that Sebu had been linked to the incidents that disrupted activities in Homa Bay. Police have asked him to surrender to the County DCI headquarters to assist investigators as they work to establish what happened during the violence.

“One Kassim Abdi Sebu, who is being associated with the mayhem witnessed in Homa Bay, has been ordered to report to the County DCI Headquarters, Homa Bay,” said Nyaga.

The police order comes as investigators continue to pursue people suspected of being involved in the incidents. Several suspects have already been arrested and presented before court as police widen their investigations.

According to the NPS, 12 suspects in Homa Bay have already taken plea and were released under various bond terms. Two other suspects remain under investigation over incidents involving firearms. Police said the two will be taken to court after the investigations are completed.

“In Homa Bay, 12 suspects took plea and have been placed under various bond terms, while two more are being investigated for gun-related incidents and shall be produced in court upon the finalisation of investigations.”

The NPS said the investigations are aimed at establishing the circumstances surrounding the violence and identifying individuals who may have taken part in criminal activities. Police have maintained that those found to have committed offences will face the law.

The developments in Homa Bay are part of a wider police operation following reports of violence and the presence of individuals carrying crude weapons in different areas.

In Kisumu, the NPS reported that 15 suspects who were arrested while allegedly carrying various crude weapons on the eve of a rally had been produced in court.

The court granted the DCI four days to conduct further investigations before the matter proceeds.

Police have also directed one Oliver Jaoko, alias Olivetti, who is allegedly linked to the 15 suspects, to report to the Regional DCI Headquarters in Kisumu. His appearance before investigators is expected to assist police in establishing the alleged links between him and the suspects who were arrested.

The NPS has said its investigations will continue in both Homa Bay and Kisumu as officers seek to determine the role played by individuals connected to the incidents.

The police service also issued a warning to people involved in violence, criminal activities and gang-related activities, saying such conduct would attract action under the law.

The latest update comes at a time when police are facing increased pressure to maintain security during political gatherings and public events.

The NPS has maintained that political activities should take place peacefully and that individuals found engaging in criminal acts will be investigated and prosecuted where evidence supports the charges.

“We shall remain on this path until all acts of violence and criminality are brought to an end,” Nyaga said.

Author

You may also like

Leave a Comment

About Us

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis..

Newsletter